Monday, April 7, 2014

100 Things, part one

Today marks 100 days before I leave on my mission!

What the what.

I've been thinking about my life.

It's been given to me, and what am I doing to make the most of it?

When my life is over, I want to say I LIVED.

In honor of this momentous occasion, I'm making a list of 

100 Things I WILL do with my Life:
(if you don't want to read it all, I understand)

{PART ONE}

1. Trust in God with all my heart, and don't lean on my own understanding.
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

2. Serve a full-time mission, with no regrets.

3. Serve another full-time mission with my hubby,
when we are old and cute and more in love than ever.

4. Make the temple an integral part of my life.
Don't let a month go by without going there.

5.  Learn how to make new recipes without ruining them.

6. Always sing to my children.

7. Be a woman of charity.

8. Cheerfully do all things that lie in my power, then stand still, with the utmost assurance, and see the hand of the Lord revealed in my life. (D&C 123:17)

9. Be "ever found doing the work of the Lord."
(President Monson quote)

10. Avoid immorality in all its forms (music, books, movies, internet, etc.).

11. Be a woman of virtue.

12. Never pray to change my circumstances, but pray to be able to
cheerfully go through whatever the Lord asks of me.

 13. Pay a full-tithe.

14. Be a modern pioneer, living with the fire of the covenant burning in my heart.

15. Be a woman of gratitude.

 16. Let the atonement work in my life.
Not only it's ability to cleanse from sin, but it's ability to enable me.

17. Doubt not, fear not. In all things look to the Lord.
(D&C 6:36)

18. Live my testimony.

19. Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.
(Romans 12:21)

20. Be a woman of silent strength.

21. Raise a family in a gospel-centered home, teaching my children not just gospel truths, but how to receive a testimony of those truths for themselves.

22. Always make my first priority following my Savior.

23. Live so others know Christ through me.

24. When the Lord commands, do it.

25. Learn to love veggies (like beets and zucchini....)

26. Travel to Scotland and run down the luscious, green hills on a rainy day.

27. Travel to Africa. And deliver African babies.

28. Serve amongst another culture. Love them.

29. Get my Nursing degree from BYU and use it to bless lives
all around the world.

30. Shake the hand of an apostle,
and maybe even say something to him (without being awkward)

31. Fall in love with my best friend.

32. Remember who is fighting my battles (the Lord, aka, my BFF).
(Exodus 14:13-14)

33. Learn to love Chinese food. But never seafood. Ever.

34. Stand in holy places. Always.

35. Play the piano all the days.

36. Have my hubby sing "Never Stop" by Safetysuit to me.
Without me telling him to do it.

37. And "Endlessly" by Green Green River Ordinance.

38. And "You are my Sunshine"

39. Basically just get a hubby who will sing to me.

40. Be honest in what I do and in what I know.

41. Create a family manifesto (when I get a familia of my own).

42. Dance in the rain. Always.

43. Be true to who I am (a daughter of the Most High God).

44. Never let the world tell me how I should think, act, or look.

45. Remember that it is by the "small and simple things that great things are brought to pass." (Alma 37:6)

46. Love the unlovable.

47. See others as God sees them, not as the world sees them.

48. Read the Book of Mormon EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Even it's just a verse. It has power that I need daily.

49. Go on the field before a BYU football game and meet a football player.

50. Give birth to a future BYU football player.

PART 2 COMING SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?