Thursday, June 26, 2014

Earl Had to Die

I leave in 3 weeks! THREE WEEKS PEOPLE!!!

I'm trying really hard not to freak out (but as you can see by the caps lock usage above, I am obviously freaking out haha).

Last night me and my little brothers and sister and their friends watched The Woman in Black.

(I was going to put a picture here, but they were all too scary and I immediately regretted searching for them on Google- it brought back bad memories.....)

I've watched the movie before, a few years ago, and I remembered it being not too scary.

FALSE.

About 30 minutes into the film all 6 of us were sharing one cushion on the couch and gripping onto each other like our lives depended on it.

Here are some quotes from the night....

*a few minutes into the movie*
Nathan: "Jeff, go turn the lights off."
Jeff: "Amanda, go turn the lights off."
Amanda: "Natalie, go turn the lights off."

"Gross, I have earwax all over my fingers from plugging my ears so hard." (Jeff)

"I need to get a drink. Pause it. NO, DON'T PAUSE IT THERE, NOW I CAN'T GET HER FACE OUT OF MY MIND!!!" (Nathan)

"Why is it so scary when a door opens or closes? Whyyy?" (Treyson)

"Treyson.... are you holding Amanda's hand?" (Natalie)

"Oh my gosh, I just farted five times in a row." (Jeff)

"Jeff, have you even opened your eyes once?" (Treyson)

And then, after it was all over, 
Nathan: "That wasn't scary at all! Jeff, go turn on the light."
Jeff: "Amanda, go turn on the light."
Amanda: "Natalie, go turn on the light."

Once we finally turned the light on, Nathan put in a Cosby Show called "Happy Land" to lighten the mood.... To be honest, it was almost as creepy as the movie.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

In other news, me and Jeff recently discovered a song by the Dixie Chicks called "Goodbye Earl," about a guy named Earl who was mean to his wife, so throughout the song they repeatedly sing "Earl had to die."

We think it's hilarious because Jeff's middle name is Earl, which I call him all the time, and the song is actually pretty funny.


So tonight I got home from work, and immediately ran downstairs to tackle Jeff, 
screaming that he had to die.

His response:

"Ow ow ow stop stop!!! My back! I have sensitive shoulder blades!"

Sometimes I just love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?