Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sunsets and Tapping Moments

I love NieNie's Mormon Message. 

If you haven't watched it yet, you need to. 



Stephanie Nielson inspires me. She is boss at raising a righteous family in a non-righteous world. She is confident, courageous, and also an adorable, amazing wife and mother.

However, I'm sure her life isn't perfect. Besides her horrific accident, I'm sure she also faces daily trials just like the rest of us. I'm sure people belittle and make fun of her for her stands and beliefs, she gets stressed out and busy, some days she is tired and doesn't want to get out of bed, and some days she just asks, "why me?"

No one is exempt from those daily struggles.

In a world that's become so devoted to carelessness, ease, and simplicity, it is becoming harder and harder to take a stand for what is right. It takes effort- it takes HARD work- and sometimes, even with all our efforts, we are still ignored, ridiculed, or just simply not noticed.

But thank heavens that it only really matters if ONE person notices, 
and we can safely rest assured that He does.

In her video, NieNie talks about tapping moments, or times when we are
reminded of Heavenly Father's love for us.

I love that.

I believe Heavenly Father sends us those tapping moments to give us the strength to keep going, to remind us why we are here, and why it's WORTH IT to keep fighting for what's right and good, even when there isn't much that is right or good to be seen.

As I look back on my past week, I can see many tapping moments. Small, but simple, things that let me know, without a doubt in my mind, that someone is watching over me.

What are some of your recent tapping moments?

God IS aware.

He knows my struggles, my worries, my heartaches, my fears, my joys. And yours too.

As I was driving to my grandma's house tonight, I looked out my window and saw the most beautiful summer sunset. I was stressed out, frustrated, tired, lacking in spirituality and annoyed.

But as I looked at that sunset, breaking through the clouds with rain falling in the distance, the thought came to my mind "God is over all things," and I felt such peace and comfort. 

Even the sun shines through the rain and clouds;
to me that is a more beautiful sunset than any other.

And so it is with life. God's light is still there during our struggles.
We just have to look at the big picture. 

And often that picture is more beautiful than any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?